fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10428

Matthew Ross

Hello all, hope you find this useful. First, the exam now lists all 7 domains and your proficiency level for each one instead of K&S, and T&T. The exam was straight forward but surprisingly difficult due to the answers. The questions are up-front, but the answers will seem to be all correct except for very small differences.

I used Prometric testing center and they allow right-clicking to strike out answers as well as mark the question. I used this often. I had mostly situational questions, but also some straight forward ones that were simply asking for a definition (for example TDD and Kanban). I had a lot of focus on stories, some on XP, Scrum, and a lot of team oriented questions. Team questions like if your team does not communicate, and you just took over, is it because there is a problem or because they are high collaborators? A lot of questions like that.

Also a lot of questions, as a practitioner, your level of communication on failed/failing projects and engaging stakeholders. It seemed like they want to measure your understanding when things are going well, or not going so well, and which part of Agile principals help in those situations. On my exam, they used practitioner to represent you and to specifically see what you would do if the stakeholders were displeased with progress and asking you to break an Agile principal. Most of this, for me, I answered to see the Burn down/up charts, information radiators, CFD, or Project Vision. I stayed away from the isolated one-on-one answers with stakeholders or team members.

I used Agile PrepCast, but not the simulator because I could not get into it. I sent a support ticket in but no word yet. I also used Mike Griffiths' PMI-ACP Exam Prep, 2nd Edition to prepare.

I felt over-prepared after the Agile PrepCast and reading the book cover-to-cover, but again be careful. The questions are straight forward it's the answers that will trick you up even if you answer the question in your head then look for that answer in the answer list.

Oh, and finally, I did not have a lot of questions with that negative connotation. For example: "Which of the following principals are not true:"

Good luck and it is ok to receive the under proficient or not proficient in one or more of the 7 domains and still pass. I am glad they changed it this way because it really reflects how you are as an Agile practitioner and knowing this you can focus your PDU's in particular domains.

Thanks for reading!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login