fbpx

Reply: My way to PMI-ACP in 18 steps

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My way to PMI-ACP in 18 steps

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #10958

Bani

's Avatar

Thank you so much. I was looking for a routine.. Now that I have one.. I just need to follow and join the PMI ACP group soon...
6 years 11 months ago #10346

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Gwen,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and posting your detailed lessons learned. It seems like you had a very good plan and you executed it perfectly. We are glad to hear that our products helped you to prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 11 months ago #10258

Gwen

Scope: Become PMI-ACP
Duration: 11-Jan-17 to 30-Mar-17 (11 weeks)
Cost: 495$ (Exam fee) + 220$ (Agile Prep Cast) + 100$ (1 Hotel Night + Car Refill) = 815$
Risks: I do not have an IT background. I am using Agile practices in Petrochemical Plants Commissioning Engineering Projects (Production of procedures, schedules, field inspections)
Quality: Must not fail the exam, tolerance 0.
Benefits: Complement my PMP tools and techniques quiver with Agile approaches

Steps:

1. Buy Agile Precast on 11-Jan.

2. Watch all videos on my I-pad writing down notes on a notebook (36 hours). Focus with 2 to 3 videos watched daily.

3. Take a 15 days full break going on holidays from 3 to 17-Feb.

4. Write 2 project experiences, have my director read them and agree to support me in case of audit (I have already been audited for my PMP application). Use Kanban board for the rest of this PMI-ACP project to plan, monitor and adapt. Print and read several times the Scrum guide, PMI-ACP Examination Content outline and Agile Precast Student Workbook.

5. Finish watching the videos and take the Final exam: 17/21 on 7-Mar (I could not access the Final exam initially and had to send an email to OSP International who kindly and swiftly enabled me to access)

6. Start taking all free sample questions available at edward-designer.com/web/free-pmi-acp-exam-questions/ during week evenings after working hours.

7. On my day off 10-Mar at 8.30am, take directly the 1st Exam of the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator (no timed quizz before, only new questions), score 80 out of 120 (66.67%). Reviewed the questions and explanations for more than 3 hours directly after, taking notes.

8. Submit my application on PMI website on 7-Mar, invited to pay on 12-Mar, received PMI Eligibility ID on 13-Mar (no audit this time :P )

9. Book my exam on Prometrics on 15-Mar for 30-Mar 8.30am. Review my notes on daily basis.

10. 2nd Exam of the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator on 17-Mar 8.30am, score 77 out of 120 (64.17%), also spent more than 3 hours reviewing the answers.

11. 3rd Exam of the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator on 24-Mar 8.30am, score 87 out of 120 (72.5%), spent more than 2 hours reviewing the answers.

12. 27 to 28-Mar after working hours, take timed quizz for each 7 domains + Tools & Knowledge of 20 questions each (all types), average score 95%.

13. On 29-Mar evening after work, drive to hotel (I booked the closest one to Prometrics Center to avoid traffic jams), physically (thanks to GPS) go to the Prometrics office (I even rang the bell at 8pm to check if anyone could confirm this is the right place).

14. Go back to hotel and sleep well.

15. Arrive at 8am in Prometrics center, usual inspection and passport check, start the test earlier than 8.30am (questions seemed less tricky than PMI-ACP Exam Simulator, mostly focused on Scrum), finish in 1.5 hours, review my answers for 1 hour, press the finish button, hold my breath.

16. PASS !! :silly: but did not ace the exam: 6/7 Domains Moderately Proficient, only 1 Proficient (Team Performance).

17. Congratulations Email from PMI received on 3-Apr. :)

18. Report Agile Prepcast PDUs for my PMP certification (35 technical, 2 Leaderhip).

Hope this retrospective will help you somehow!
Gwen

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login