fbpx

Reply: Passed ACP Today - Here Are Some Thoughts

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed ACP Today - Here Are Some Thoughts

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7931

John

's Avatar

All - I passed the PMI-ACP exam today (Friday, 7/29) at a Prometric Center in Green Bay, WI, US. The exam was not nearly as challenging as the PMP, however the questions were tricky. Here are a few thoughts and lessons learned.
  • The only study materials I used were the Griffiths book, and online tests from agileexams.com. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with the online tests. The questions were nothing like the real exam, and the end-of-chapter quizzes and free materials out there would have been sufficient.
  • Don't even try to read all the books on the list of resources from the PMI. The time is not value add, IMHO. The Griffith's book really is a 'course in a book'. Moreover, you simply don't need to know all that material to pass the test.
  • Focus on XP and Scrum. Know the roles, and how they interact.
  • For each question, all you need to do is determine which approach they are talking about (Scrum or XP, and I would say the thing was 80% Scrum), then apply the correct Manifesto item or Principle. Easy as that. All questions were situational.

To sum up, know the Manifesto and Principles, and know the artifacts, rituals, and communication practices, and you'll be golden. Do not get hung up on definitions or memorization. Good luck to all!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login