fbpx

Reply: Passed February 12, 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed February 12, 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 month ago #7023

Yasir Mehmood

Congratulations! I completely agree about the CSM class and I personally went that route as well. Thanks for sharing your experience!
8 years 1 month ago #6988

Kimberly Bortz

I passed the PMI ACP exam yesterday! :P Like a previous poster, I found the question to be situation based and focused on Scrum. There was a sprinkling of XP and Lean. Here is my retrospective:

What Went Well:
  • The Agile Prep Cast: I used the PMP prep case 5 years ago to pass and so it was a no brainer to use the Agile Prep cast. I used this to satisfy the 21 Agile hours required to take the exam. I recommend this to everyone I know who wants to get PMP or ACP certified.
  • PMI ACP Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths: I read through the guide once, answered every quiz and then referred back as needed
  • TrainAgile Exam Simulator: I picked this exam simulator because they had a lot of practice exams and provided metrics of your performance so I was able to tell what areas I needed extra review on.
  • Don't Drag it Out: When I started averaging 83-87% on the tests and I realized that I knew as much as I possibly could I sat for the exam. There is no letter grade - all you have to do is passed. Unlike with the PMP - I did not stress myself out about the ACP. The day before I did not study and I did not take a practice exam. The day of I worked on my brain dump just to build some more confidence.

What Could Have Gone Better:
  • In Person Class: In person ACP classes are tough to find. I found one local, but then they cancelled on me - 4 times! I called another instructor and he explained it is really difficult to get enough attendees for these specialized PMI certifications. Although it was three years ago, I feel that that the Certified Scrum Master course I took was of great benefit to this exam. Also those classes are much easier to find. And you would get another certification to boot!
  • Test Scheduling: I had 2 big issues with the company PMI uses to schedule the exam. One is that they tried to tell me my test window was up in February when I really had until August. Second was the address of the test center was wrong on the confirmation they gave me.

Good luck to all of you who are studying!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login