fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP on 22 December 2015

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP on 22 December 2015

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 3 months ago #6860

Rachel Madrid

Congratulations Jeremy!
8 years 3 months ago #6775

Jeremy Raelin

Hi All. Sending my thoughts from the exam I passed on 22 December 2015. First of all, the majority of the questions were situation-based and/or focused on scrum (I seem to only remember 1 question that was related to XP and potentially 2 that were related to Kanban and/or Lean). In general, I would focus on scrum roles and responsibilities, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and general Agile concepts. I only used the Agile PrepCast to study and did quite well. In the interest of time, I would skip almost all of the methodologies (like Atern et al) and focus on Scrum, Review XP, and then focus on the general Agile methodologies.

While the exam was tough, as long as you put your Agile thinking hat on, it is doable. Many questions placed scenarios where there was an answer that fit the "PMP" mindset and one that fit the "Agile" mindset. If you have or are studying for the PMP, for the purposes of this exam, forget what you have learned and only focus on what an Agile practitioner would do. This will help you acclimate yourself to the question types and context.

Best of luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login