fbpx

Reply: PMI-ACP in 38 Days (First try); Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI-ACP in 38 Days (First try); Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5460

Scott Gillard

Congrats! I am thinking of what certification to take on next. This helps! Thanks!
8 years 10 months ago #5440

Yasir Mehmood

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience and the plan of action I followed to become PMI-ACP certified in 38 days.

1. Go through the Agile PrepCast! Actively listen and take notes. While I was doing this I tried to condense each slide to 1 line in my notebook. This helps by forcing you to actively think about the content in order to summarize it and also proves as an invaluable and quick resource to revise the content just prior to the exam.

2. Take online exams - as many as you can but be selective! There were some exams I came across where the answers didn't make sense. Remember that you can't believe everything you find on the internet so if an answer doesn't make sense, don't just accept it as fact but research it. I loved the gr8pm test simulator but the questions become repetitive quickly. I would still suggest going through their tests. I would also highly recommend insite.velociteach.com. Simplilearn has a free full length practice exam as well but it's much tougher than the actual exam - it helps, nonetheless so give it a go.

3. I recommend speed-reading as many books on the PMI-ACP reference list. You will pick up some concepts that are not covered elsewhere.

4. While you're at it, look into the CSM certification as well (I got that certification 3 days ago). It will help you with insight into the most popular flavor of Agile and since the concepts are connected, why not get two certifications instead of one?

4. Take online exams again. I can't stress this enough. This was by far one of the best ways of preparation and to cover important concepts quickly. This was my sole focus for 2 days, leaving the last day before the exam for step 5.

5. Go over the notes you took from the Agile PrepCast. Read them at least twice. Since they're summarized by you they shouldn't take too long to go over. I could read through my notes in about 2 hours and your mind will pick out portions that you've seen on practice tests and it will reinforce the concepts.

Remember that practice makes perfect. Good luck!
Yasir Mehmood, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login