fbpx

Reply: How I passed the PMI-ACP at the first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I passed the PMI-ACP at the first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 months ago #3925

Tarek Al-Fahham

Congratulations !
10 years 7 months ago #3747

Martin Gagne

Hello everyone,

I spent like 2 months of studying on that exam. What I did is very simple:
- I took the training offered by my local PMI Chapter in Montreal (3 days of training in a row)
- I read 2 times entirely the prep book ACP Exam Prep Plus Desk Reference from GR8PM
- I bought and followed the training offered by Cornelius Fichtner
- I have learned very much the agile manifesto values and principles
- I have learned the Declaration of interdependance
- DO NOT learn by heart the grid suggested in the Prep Book. Understand it, be comfortable with it, that is enough

I did all the exercises of the Prep Book and did the 2 full exam (average of 83% on each exam)
I did all the exercises of Cornelius

The day of my exam, I spent 2 hours flipping pages of the book of Mike Cohn : "User Stories Applied For Agile Software Development". I got like 15 questions on user stories and this help me very much for the exam. Be sure to have covered everything in the Prep Book before flipping pages of Mike Cohn's book. I read only topics that I needed more information.

The exam was very much easier than the PMP. But again, you need to master everything because your brain will guide you through the right answer. I did the entire 120 question in less than 140 minutes. Many question need your logical only. Read carefully. Very often, the right answer was really obvious in comparison with other choices.

Good luck with you study. Study seriously and you will make it at the first try.
I got this result:
Agile tools and techniques : moderately proficient
Agile knowledge and skills : proficient

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login