fbpx

Reply: PMI-ACP passed! Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI-ACP passed! Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 9 months ago #3508

Carmen Trepmann

Hi everyone,

I passed my PMI-ACP exam yesterday (24-06-2013) with "proficient" in both areas. Thank you Cornelius for your great products!

My study approach over the last 4 month:
  • 2-3 x PMI ACP Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths -> good summary of the key concepts, but keep in mind the sample questions at the end of each chapter are a way to easy and not comparable to the actual exam
  • 1 x Cornelius PMI-ACP agile Prepcast -> very good introduction to several of the agile methods. I listened to the prepcast while on my way to work or doing housework. It’s fun!
  • 3 x ScrumDan study guide -> helpful short summary with some good links to further readings
  • 1 x Scrum guide
I did a lot of sample exams from several resources including simplilearn (free sample), proplanx (several free tests), agile exams (90-days subscription), insite velociteach (1-week subscription)

Agile exams has some good questions, but the simulator is of poor quality and some questions are asking for the exact wording from the original books instead of asking for the broader context. I liked insite velociteach from Andy Crowe best. There are only 120 questions available, but these are really close to the real exam. I guess Cornelius, everyone is waiting for your PMI-ACP exam simulator B)

Additionally I read most of the books from PMIs recommended booklist to deepen my knowledge. I’m glad I did that. The books on the list cover various interesting topics and are full of fascinating insights. I liked especially Mike Cohn’s books and the one by Jim Highsmith Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products

The exam itself:
If you are well prepared, it should not be a problem at all. I finished my exam in 110 minutes and my first run in 80 minutes, marked about 30 questions for review, had a break, reviewed the marked questions and got finally the congratulations screen. Compared to my PMP exam, which I passed this February, the questions were less wordy, hardly calculations and definitely a lot more time to answer all the questions. No need to rush!

Good luck everyone with the preparation and your exam!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login