fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMI-ACP exam; proficient in both areas

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMI-ACP exam; proficient in both areas

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 1 week ago #3236

Gwenn Doria

Lessons learned shared by - Allen Matheson, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSP

My background: Currently a Product Owner on a Scrum project, was a software project manager for several years prior to that (Waterfall/ISO/CMMI). PMP since 2005, CSM since 2010.

Study Resources:
- PMI-ACP Exam Prep (Mike Griffiths) – by far the best resource – I read it in detail cover to cover once, then skimmed over it quickly a second time. This covers almost all material for the exam.
- ACP Exam Prep Plus Desk Reference (Stenbeck/Berthot/Drammissi) – read a few chapters, skimmed over the rest (good material, but I highly recommend the Griffiths book instead of this one)
- Agile webcasts from ASPE: www.aspe-sdlc.com/webseminars/seminar_archive.php - excellent set of free archived webcasts.
- Scrum Guide: www.scrum.org/Scrum-Guides
- Agile Estimating and Planning (Mike Cohn)
- User Stories Applied (Mike Cohn)
- A few videos on YouTube (Mike Cohn and others)

Practice Exams I took:
- 120 questions ($29, one week access): insite.velociteach.com/pmi_acp_practiceTest_A.aspx - Best practice exam I found – similar to the actual test, and a good indicator of your readiness. Only down side is each time you take the test, you get the same 120 questions, instead of 120 questions selected from a larger pool of questions.
- 30 questions: www.gr8pm.com
- 25 flashcards: thepm-instructors.com/flashcards/PMI-ACP...Prep-Flashcards.html
- 20 questions: www.proplanx.com/index.php/free-resource...tice-mock-simulation
- 35 questions: www.scalestudy.com/features/
Mike Griffiths book: 120 question exam – a little easier than the actual exam, but a good test nonetheless
- ACP Exam Prep Plus Desk Reference: 120-question exam – a little more difficult than the actual exam

Audit
When I made payment for the exam on 11/16/12, I was immediately selected for a random audit. PMI requested from me:
- Proof of attendance for the Agile training I had taken (Letters of Attendance, Copy of my CSM certificate)
- Proof of Agile experience: Overview of the Agile Project where I work (start date, how many hours on it, description, etc); signed by my manager.
They received it on 11/26 and approved it on 11/27.

Exam Topics
Learn the topics outlined here:
www.pmi.org/Certification/~/media/Files/...Content_Outline.ashx
The exam covers most of what is in that outline, and Mike Griffiths book covers most of that material as well.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login