fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first try! AT on all domains! Here's how I did it.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first try! AT on all domains! Here's how I did it.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 1 month ago #30299

Stan Po - Admin

David,

Congratulations on passing your exam, and thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned.

Your observation about an unequal distribution of questions among various PMI-ACP topics covered by the exam is very valuable and is also aligned with feedback provided by other students. Based on their experience, it seems that each exam taker gets a different set of questions on their exam, sometimes disproportionally focused on a specific area/topic, such as the Product Owner in your case and no questions covering other topics, such as XP.

Despite that, you aced the exam with AT in all domains! Congratulations again, and good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 1 month ago #30297

Sameer Menda

Hi David,

Congratulations on clearing ACP exam!!

Thank you for sharing your success and Good luck in all your future endeavors.
1 year 1 month ago #30294

David Thabet

To be honest, I am surprised that I got AT on all domains. The reason being, I felt confident in about a mere 20% of my answers, 20% felt like wild guesses and 60% I felt I narrowed down to two possible answers and then guessing from there. What threw me for a loop is the number of questions centred around what the Product Owner do! I am pretty sure the majority of the questions were about the Product Owner and less the Agile Coach/Scrum Master and Agile Team. I definitely did not get that impression using the ACP Exam Simulator on here. Either way, I passed with AT in all domains and I thought I failed. The other surprising thing was no mention of XP programming not even once - just a few mentions of Scrum and Kanban, but most referred to agile in general. I found the exam simulator different in that respect too.

So I followed the same system that allowed me to pass the PMP. It's a quick and dirty approach, but I think if you have a solid project management background in the real world, then this is the quickest way to get there:

1. I didn't do any of the PrepCast Videos. God bless Cornelius, but he talks way too slow and over explains everything. I gave up on the videos a few lectures in. I waited my two weeks and guessed through the quiz to get my certificate.

2. I bought the PMI Agile Practice Guide

3. I just started working through about 30 unanswered questions a day on the ACP Exam Simulator. I failed each quiz for the first few days and for every wrong answer I would read through the explanations and the references if they were in the PMI Agile Practice guide or links online. By the halfway mark, I started averaging over 70% percent on first attempt questions.

4. After the halfway mark I started interspersing practice Exams just to get used to sitting there for long periods of time without blowing my head off in boredom.

5. I scheduled my exam at 10 am, this allowed me to not eat before the exam. I drank black coffee (i.e. no cream or sugar) beforehand for a mental boost. (Research shows students perform better on exams when fasting, but you have to be used to fasting don't make it your first time!)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login