fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP exam with AT in all domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP exam with AT in all domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29371

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Chantal!

Thank you for sharing your detailed Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially the point about using the simulator as a way to 'measure' your stamina, if I understood correctly.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 3 weeks ago #29204

CHANTAL TETU

This is a review for The Agile PrepCast with the PMI-ACP Exam simulator.

I had a great, if somewhat gruelling, experience in 2017 when I used the PM PrepCast and Simulator to pass my PMP exam which I cleared on my 1st attempt.

So when it was crunch time to prepare for for the PMI-ACP exam, there was no question in my mind that the Agile PrepCast with the PMI-ACP Exam simulator were a MUST to help me on my journey to become PMI-ACP.

So I purchased the bundle on February 28th and I passed my PMI-ACP exam with Above target in all 7 domains on my 1st attempt on March 19th, 2022.

The Agile PrepCast gave me the opportunity to review all the pertinent information for the 7 domains. If you are PMP certified, you will be familiar with some of the concepts but they are explained in an Agile context. If you are DASM or DASSM certified, some of the material intersect part of what is covered for the PMI-ACP.

Midway through the Agile PrepCast, I did a quiz to test my knowledge and gauge where I was on the preparation spectrum. I got 70% so not to far off but still not close to 85% which was my target to reach before Exam day. I finished the Agile PrepCast on March 12. And my focus shifted to the PMI-ACP exam simulator. I did a quiz and got 77%. So better but not quite. I did the 4 exams on 4 different days over the next week, all 480 questions, and got between 83-84%.

When I did a last quiz with only the wrong Q&A, I hit 91% on that second pass. I do believe it is most important to get the answer right the 1st time around. But the goal of the exam simulator is also to help us get an understanding of why the answer is right or wrong in the context of the question. The explanation for each Q&A was very detailed including references. You MUST review the results of each quiz/exam simulation to study this feedback. It will help consolidate your knowledge.

I also used the Live Feedback to ask clarifications on between 5-10 questions. I got a reply within 24 hours. Do not hesitate to use it.

For each quiz/exam you take, you will get a detailed report. The results are even emailed to you. In the simulator itself, you can also access statistics. All these feedback features are there to bring into focus the domains/concepts you need to study more.

If you are worried about the length the Exam takes versus your stamina, the timing feature allowed me to manage my pace through the exam simulation. It took me between 1:45 to 2:30 hours for each exam simulation. The real PMI-ACP exam took me a little over 2 hours to go through and then I reviewed the marked Q&As in about 20 minutes, then spent another 30 minutes or so going through the first maybe 50 questions. And with 8 minutes, I thought there was nothing more I could do. Like always, it is exhilarating and a relief to see ‘Congratulations!’ on the screen!

So like previous students/clients of PrepCast, I highly recommend the simulator to anyone serious about passing their PMI-ACP. It is a MUST in your preparation. If you did not participate in a prep course, I also recommend the Agile PrepCast along side Mike Griffiths’s PMI-ACP Exam Prep. Those tools will help you become PMI-ACP.

Thank you PrepCast!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login