fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMI-ACP today!

Passed my PMI-ACP today! 2 years 3 months ago #28807

• Stacey Stieglitz
  • Stacey Stieglitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Glad that is over! I purchased the Prepcast in August and watched all the videos. I also used Mike Griffith's book, but only read it once. I think the exam simulator was extremely helpful. I made sure to take all four exams and often did 10 question quizzes just to keep the right mindset.

One lesson learned for me was that in the real test, I couldn't right click to strike out answers. I used that feature often on the practice tests, so it caught me off guard slightly. I also noticed two typos in the exam questions, which I thought was a bit odd.

Another lesson learned for the overall process was that it was very easy for me to get distracted while studying when I started to think of what my company does now. (And often how we are doing it "wrong" <g>) I would lose focus and then have to get back into learning the PMI way and not confusing it with how it is in my day to day life. I do think I have some new tools and practices to start applying.

I was originally scheduled to take the exam on 11/30, but Covid struck our house. (All mild, thankfully, but still in quarantine that day.) It was a very easy process to change the exam without a fee. I chatted with someone on the PMI site who gave me the extenuating circumstances form to fill out. I sent it, along with our test results, to the customer care email and had a response back in less than an hour cancelling the exam and letting me know how to reschedule. It was a great process. I did have to purchase an extension on my simulator access, but it was worth it.

Thanks for a great tool! I already used the PM Podcast for my PMP PDUs, so I'll be looking for episodes that I can count for both now!

Passed my PMI-ACP today! 2 years 3 months ago #28812

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Stacey,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login