fbpx

Reply: Passed! PrepCast and Real exam scored details

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed! PrepCast and Real exam scored details

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28413

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Latoya Smith, PMP!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned and scores, I'm sure they will help others.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 5 months ago #28376

Latoya Smitth

I passed my exam as at 08/10/2021! All praise to God.

Study plan
-Watched PrepCast Videos
-Read Mike Griffith's book twice
-Exam Simulator questions solely from PrepCast

Exam scores: Target in Agile Principles and Mindset and Above Target in everything else.

PrepCast Scores: 66.7%/75%/68.3% - After failing 2 out of 3 exams, I needed to regroup. Prior to taking the exams in the simulator, I had read Mike Griffith's book and watched the prepcast videos and passed the final test at the end of the course. Let me emphasize that the videos were comprehensive and well structured. However, I realized that though I was familiar with all the agile tools they equipped me with, I did not retain it as well I did for my PMP exam. The difference? I read the material vs watching it and took notes for my PMP exam which I passed with all Above Targets (majorly thanks to the PrepCast Simulator giving me confidence and explaining the questions I got wrong). So, the prepcast videos were great but I learned that my learning style is to have to read and write.

So, I read Mike Griffith's book one more time (2 days before my exam) and thankfully it helped A LOT. All the definitions and information I knew before seemed more familiar with a 2nd pass. It stuck in my head better. I then took some timed quizzes in the simulator. When I took the timed quizzes when I was exhausted after studying and work I failed (i.e. 40%-60%. Yikes!) . When I took the quizzes when I was energized, I passed (70% - 80%).

Lesson learned: Take a nap before my real exam. It worked! I was able to remain focused throughout the entire exam.

EXAM QUESTIONS: Seemed on par with the simulator questions. Some had e really stumped but I suspect that those were the dummy questions so I flagged them and tried not to let them weigh me down. I usually finished the simulator exams early after 2 hours but I spent 2.5 hours in the actual exam. Mainly because I of the few questions where I felt stumped and stressed. All in all, God had my back and so did Precast.

Hoping this helps someone.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login