fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first attempt for PMI-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first attempt for PMI-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27191

Stan Po - Admin

Michele,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27177

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned and study experiences. They are very helpful - like you, I need something physical to underline and refer back to as well.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for your recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 11 months ago #27161

Michele Kniffin

I think the most valuable part of the videos/tutorials is to help explain it to a new team or someone who is unfamiliar with it, I downloaded many of them. There were also some very valuable interviews that I downloaded that will definitely come in handy when looking at new projects for estimations.

I would say the simulated tests and quizzes are the most valuable. For me, I have always had a lot of anxiety when it comes to standardized tests. Having all the practice tests and quizzes really helped. I wasn't nervous at all.

I was "optimized" out of my last company, so I had dedicated time to study. And I certainly did. I hadn't studied that much since college. I'd say I studied 2-6 hrs a day for 3 months. Even though, I wasn't so nervous before the test, after I took it, I wasn't confident I did so well. But I passed all domains above target. What a relief!

For the first month and a half I watch all the podcast/videos. But I really needed something to underline and look up in the index. The podcast/videos made it nearly impossible to reference back to areas. I really felt at ease once I got the exam prep from Mike Griffiths. After that, I didn't need the tutorial.

The exam prep book was easy to follow and made it very easy to look up anything I missed in my practice tests and exams. I would read and highlight important sections. And then when I would review, I'd just read my highlighted areas. It was less work then trying to go back to the videos

The book recommends reading it twice, but I didn't find the time to do that. It also recommended some free tests online. I did take all the exams at the end of the chapters but didn't manage to get to the free quizzes online.

I appreciated Cornelius and his energy and all the planning that went into the tutorials. Although I've had experience with Agile, I learned a lot about all the different methods. I feel much more confident in discussing it and feel I can provide a more convincing argument as to why some projects should/can be started to be agile.

Thank you PrepCast!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login