fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP exam under $600 budget!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP exam under $600 budget!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 weeks ago #26633

Stan Po - Admin

Harish,

Congratulations on passing your exam! We appreciate that you took the time to write to us and share your success. It always makes our day to hear from one of our customers that they passed the exam. We are glad to know that our products have helped you on this journey. Thank you.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors!
3 years 2 weeks ago #26626

Harish Kapali

I passed PMI-ACP exam yesterday at home using Pearson VUE. I was looking at ways to get ACP certified using limited budget as I was paying from pocket not knowing whether my company will reimburse the cost.

Here is the step by step process on my exam preparation.

Get PMI-ACP Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths. Available at Amazon for $50. read the book thoroughly twice. First time reading took longer than the second time. Each chapter took me 3 hours to read the first time. Plan 25 hours each time to read the book once . I was able to read it twice in 45 days. This book is very good and treat like a Bible. Remember to take practice exams after reading each chapter.

For 21 contact hours I got a good deal in Udemy authored by Elite Instructors for $11.99. Not the best but you get what you pay for. I took my own pace viewing their content and it took me 1 week to complete the course. If I did not pass the first attempt I might have subscribed to PM PrepCast f or 21 hour course prep. You cannot go wrong with PM Prepcast!! Udemy course do have some good reading content read it if you have the time.

The 21 hour course had 1 exam simulator and the instructor gave another 2 complementary exam simulator for practice. Their pass rate was 80%. I got 65%,79% and 68% as my score. I was a little discouraged and the explanation for choosing right answer is not where as comprehensive as PM Prepcast exam simulator

Since I am PMI memmber registered for the exam for $435.
I had already made up my mind to get ACP exam simulator with PM Prepcast as I had a good experience using their examination simulator for PMP (which I passed as well). I subscribed the simulator for $99. I got over 70% on all the exams and what I liked about the PM Precast simulator which I mentioned earlier is the explanation for choosing the right answer. I spent 4 hours each exam to review the answers why I chose the wrong and the reasoning of the right answer. Interestingly someone of the right answers I chose had a different reasoning mentioned in the exam simulator. This help me identify the gaps. I noted down the gaps and read the areas of my gaps from Mike Griffiths book again. Then It retook the exam simulator from Udemy and got over 70% score. Finally I glanced the Mike Griffiths book quickly and took the exam after work remotely.

Note: While taking exam using Pearson VUE, allot 30 mins of preparation time. You will need to take a picture of your ID, pictures around the workstation t o prove that there is no content anywhere near the table. You can need to kill some background software to make sure their software runs on your workstation.

Hope this helps.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login