fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMI-ACP Exam (7 ATs | First attempt) - You can do it

Passed the PMI-ACP Exam (7 ATs | First attempt) - You can do it 3 years 2 months ago #26176

• Ashwin Lunkad
  • Ashwin Lunkad's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3
I DID IT AGAIN!!! After becoming PMP Certified last month (24th Nov, First attempt, with all 5 AT), I am now PMI-ACP Certified (16th Dec, First attempt with all 7 AT). Sharing a joyful, scary (Exam Center) yet empowering experience . With 2 young kids (fortunate to have them cheer me always) and a full time job, if I can do it anyone can.

Among all the Agile certifications I have earned (I have quite a few), PMI-ACP was the toughest as it was completely scenario based and tested the agile mindset (more like being agile not just doing agile). Off-course lightweight compared to PMP.

Here are the lessons learned for PMI-ACP (For PMP I posted lessons learned last month). Involved 2 weeks of intense preparation after application was approved by PMI. But most important is to find the right mix of exam preparation material.
Exam Prep (everything helped):
• Joseph’s Udemy course - Great content and provided 21 Contact Hours.
• Mike Graffiti’s PMI-ACP Prep Book (Mike is part of PMI Committee Chair for ACP. He knows it better on what exam would test anyone on). Read this twice.
• PMI's Agile Practice Guide
• Prepcast PMI-ACP Simulator (My average score was 80% for 4 mock exams. I reviewed every right and wrong answer which strengthened my concepts).

Exam Center Experience:
I have always take exams in the center. As soon as I saw the Congratulations Screen, I clicked next which ideally takes you to survey choice screen. But in my case I saw an error pop up saying “Some unknown error occurred and system is going to shutdown”. I was devastated to see this for a moment, but then I remained calm and lifted my hand to call the proctor and explained her the situation. She tried accessing my system and was unable to do anything. Then, she finally tried calling Pearson Vue tech support and spent 30 minutes, at the end she was able to get me logged in through another computer. Thankfully I was just able to resume at the point at which it crashed (Survey screen). I would have never imagined such a thing would happen at the center. At the end I was relieved to come out and see the exam results printout that showed all 7 domains as "Above Target". I truly felt grateful and big relief after having spent the last 30+ minutes in trauma .

I have heard so many people have had issues with taking exams online from home/office as well. In summary, I think it is really important to stay calm so that our cognitive skills are working at their best abilities and help us succeed even under tremendous pressure.

My 2 cents (based on experience):
With all this experience and learnings, I have truly felt that each one of us have immense unlimited potential, and no exam (including PMP) can shatter us (or our hopes) in any way. Personally, even though it seemed overwhelming, I internalized the concepts and approached them objectively and fearlessly. This attitude helped me immensely during my intense preparation period.

Passed the PMI-ACP Exam (7 ATs | First attempt) - You can do it 3 years 2 months ago #26180

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Ashwin! What a dramatic end to your studies, but I'm so glad it worked out for you and it sounds like you handled the computer glitch really well.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMI-ACP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed the PMI-ACP Exam (7 ATs | First attempt) - You can do it 3 years 2 months ago #26189

• Itsnanta Muhammad Fauzan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Excellent! Thanks for the valuable lesson learned sharing.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login