fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 2 months ago #26167

Elizabeth Harrin

That's brilliant news, well done Thomas. Thanks for coming back and sharing your experiences and lessons learned with us.
3 years 2 months ago #26163

Thomas Kim

Hello,
I passed the PMI-ACP exam and received confirmation email from PMI. My result was AT for all domains except 2 at T.
Unlike others, I only focused on materials provided by Agile Prepcast. While watching the pre-recorded lessons, I made study notes and captured key points. Which enabled me to reference back when I was in doubt or when I had to go through the study material again. The study note turned out to be 52 pages long with some screen captures from the lessons. Additionally, I created a table to compare different Agile methods to reference when I am confused between methods.
After finishing the video lesson, I read the study note as a review before taking simulation exams. As expected, some of the terms used in the simulation exam were not covered by the lessons so I made another note with key word collection. Having study note and keyword page allowed me to re-read some of the areas and terminologies that I missed during the simulation exams. My score of the simulation exams were right at the border line of passing. The explanation on simulation was great help as it did with PMP, and detailed explanation provided additional lessons while preparing the actual test.
I went to testing center for the test the one closest to my home. The overall test was very much in line with Agile Prepcast simulation exam but it was much more confusing. There were only 20 minutes left when I finished the test. My advice to fellow Agilest is to use elimination method when choosing the best answer using Agile mindset and perspective. There were many questions I am still not sure whether I chose right answers but I guess I did since I passed with many AT results. Another advise is to read the questions carefully. The simulator exam does provide opportunities to practice but there were few test questions I could have gotten wrong if I did not read twice or three times.
As PM-Prepcast helped me to pass PMP test, Agile Prepcast also helped me to pass PMI-ACP within a month.
Thank you Agile Prepcast team.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login