fbpx

Reply: Took the PMI-ACP Exam day and failed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Took the PMI-ACP Exam day and failed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23301

Tooba Khan

Hi Joan,

I am sorry to hear this. I have been in a similar position and missed out on 3 domains back in January. I am re-taking it on Tuesday, 9/8. In addition to studying on my own and taking lots of practice exams, I also took a PMI ACP Bootcamp with EduHub Spot and it has been very helpful. They have a mentor who helps you focus on the right topics, creates a study plan for you, and guides you throughout. Do check them out - www.eduhubspot.com/

I hope this helps. PS - This is not a promotion of any kind. Just sharing based on my experience as someone who is also attempting to retake the test (with way more confidence this time around).

Thanks,
Tooba
3 years 8 months ago #22483

Bal Salazar

Hi Joan,
This is a support forum for Agile practitioners like ourselves. I just passed my PMP- ACP exam this past Monday after a lot of hard work and preparation.

My recommendation, if you already read Mike Griffith's book, continue practicing with the PM PrepCast. Make sure to take all tests and spend time understanding the questions you get incorrect.
The PM PrepCast will prepare your mind to handle the real questions on the exam. Lastly, zero in and study the topics that are challenging. In time you will master and pass the PMP- ACP test.

Good Luck! Don't forget to update us when you pass the test.

Bal
3 years 8 months ago #22482

Billy MacDonald

Hi Joan, what a horrible feeling after all that work. I failed the Scrum.org PSM II a couple of months back (after feeling confident) and it was a real punch in the guts :( But a month later i re-took it, passed and only got one question wrong! (Which felt great :) )

- Don't take too much time out before getting back at it, you were likely only a couple of questions away from a pass.
- Focus on the areas you were weak in, re-read sections of the book.
- Use the PrepCast Exam simulator to understand why you're getting questions wrong, the explanations it provides I found really helpful. You can create tests solely on the questions you answered incorrectly, I spent lots of time on those.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
3 years 8 months ago #22465

Elizabeth Harrin

I'm sorry to hear that Joan. It's a tough exam. I don't have any suggestions but you only missed out on 3 domains, so perhaps focus your next study sessions on those?
3 years 8 months ago #22460

Joan Whitehead

My performance by Domains:
!: Target
2: Below Target
3: Above Target
4: Below Target
5: Target
6: Need improvement
7:Target

I did the PM Prep Cast
Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP

My score and understanding; I felt 100% prepared. but not sure where I went wrong. Maybe focus was on the wrong items...

Any suggestions is appreciated...went to take in one month or less again...

Regards, Joan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login