fbpx

Reply: Help with experience section on app

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Help with experience section on app

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21280

Billy MacDonald

Hi Jennifer
Thanks for posting and good luck with your application.
It seems OK, a couple of suggestions - it sounds like you managed various areas of the projects so I'd change your role to project manager, rather than contributor, and talk up your involvement in the planning as much as the execution. Look for an alternative word to 'meeting' for your first project and look for ways to make them sound bigger.
3 years 10 months ago #21261

Jennifer

's Avatar

Just a quick update, I did change the outcome for the scientific proposal call to: List of approved experiments created and distributed.
3 years 10 months ago #21249

Jennifer

's Avatar

I'm getting ready to submit my application and was hoping someone could review a few of my experience descriptions? I've read a lot people have had issues especially with the PMP, with getting their applications rejected due to poor descriptions. I feel like ACP is a little less restrictive, but I'm still worried if some of my descriptions are written well enough. I also fear since I've done mostly short projects and just have a few hundred hrs over the minimum experience hours my app will be under more scrutiny. I've listed a few general and one agile experience description below, and appreciate any feedback!

General Project Experience
Project: Scientific Proposal Call (I have 3 of these listed since we do these about 2 times a year - I am concerned PMI may not count these as unique projects, since they share similar tasks)
Project objective: to evaluate submitted research proposals to be performed at experimental facilities Jan-June 2020. As a project contributor I: prioritized and tracked tasks utilizing a task board; communicated with stakeholders; executed tasks defined in project plan (performed reviewer assignments, reported performance metrics, tracked project schedule, identified and managed risks); updated and archived project records. Outcome: Proposed experiments of sufficient quality were approved.

Project: User Meeting
The objective of this project was to plan an on site facility user meeting and associated workshops. As a project contributor I executed project tasks (tracking visitor documentation requirements, security status); communicated with stakeholders (expected visitors, facility staff); Tracked project schedule and completion of tasks; Reported performance metrics; Identified and documented lessons learned. Outcome: Meeting and workshops successfully completed.

Project: Experiment close out
Objective: Conduct close out for experiments that were not closed out in database. Role: As a project contributor I: divided and prioritized tasks; researched status and information for experiments; met with stakeholders; reported performance and tracked schedule; obtained administrative closure for experiments. Outcome: Experiments closed out in data base.

Agile Experience:
Project: Communication Plan
The objective of this project was to develop a communication management plan for the User Office. Created project charter. Provided incremental releases by starting with minimal viable communication matrix to allow for early delivery to management. Conducted frequent reviews of work to identify and incorporate improvements into the product. Collaborated with stakeholders on product design, leading to a change from visual matrix to written document . Project is ongoing.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login