fbpx

Reply: Mike Griffith's book: 'second edition' vs 'updated second edition'

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Mike Griffith's book: 'second edition' vs 'updated second edition'

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19548

Elizabeth Harrin

That's helpful feedback - thanks, Mike. I appreciate you coming back to let us know the position with the book.
4 years 2 months ago #19547

Eric Hu

Thank you Elizabeth.

I did some research online and sent this question to publisher, here is my finding:

1) Both "Second Edition" and "Updated second edition" use same ISBN, from this point they are treated as same book? so be careful when you buy a used book titled from Amazon or eBay they may sent you "second edition" although you ordered "updated second edition". (This happened on me :-))
2) Feedback from the publisher "RMC LEARNING SOLUTIONS":
"The main change was the rewriting of many of the review questions at the end of the chapters"
"The only differences in the Second Edition and Updated Second Edition are lexicon changes. Here is a link to the changes "
3) There was a thread a thread in this forum which discussed this topic

My conclusion: "second edition" is usable, but try to get the latest one if you are a "perfectionist".
I returned my "second edition" and bought "Update second edition" one.
4 years 2 months ago #19525

Elizabeth Harrin

The publisher is only selling the 'updated second edition' from their own website (as a paperback). I haven't done a detailed comparison of the two but it looks like the updated version has situational questions in to better reflect the questions you'll get on the exam.
4 years 3 months ago #19434

Eric Hu

Hi guys:

I noticed on Amazon there are 2 editions of Mike Griffith's book(PMI-ACP Exam Prep): 'second edition' vs 'updated second edition'
Does anyone know what differences are between the 2 editions? can I use the 'second edition'?

Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login