fbpx

Reply: For PMP, does experience hours count towards PMI-ACP too?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : For PMP, does experience hours count towards PMI-ACP too?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 6 months ago #18497

Cornelius Fichtner

Aditya,

I understand your concern. Completely. It makes total sense that you want to ensure that you stay ethical and that you don't submit a project when you should not.

Therefore, I signed on the PMI chat and the person I spoke to (Pawan) confirmed that there is no problem in re-submitting a project from your PMP application also on your PMI-ACP application.

I pressed on and asked: "To confirm: It is OK for my student to submit an agile/hybrid project for agile experience in the PMI-ACP exam, even if this project had previously already been submitted for the PMP exam?". And that is when the chat crashed and I got disconnected... ARGH!

:pinch: :S :unsure:

So... I would, therefore, recommend that you try chatting with them yourself for a final confirmation. Please visit www.pmi.org/about/contact and click on the chat button.
4 years 6 months ago #18484

Aditya Arya

Cornelius,

Thanks for your quick response. I was reading on PMI-ACP eligibility requirements on PMI website and found this para.

Agile Project Experience
Further, your agile project experience must be unique and separate from your general project
experience.

I am just concerned what impact new application will have on my already obtained PMP certification which I don't want to risk in any way.

Thanks
4 years 6 months ago #18482

Cornelius Fichtner

Aditya,

Yes it counts. Just because you used your agile experience hours for the PMP previously doesn't mean you can no longer use it for other PMI certifications. So go ahead!
4 years 6 months ago #18481

Aditya Arya

Hi Cornelius,

I already have a PMP certification and now want to work towards PMI-ACP. The last project I worked on was hybrid in nature. We had all traditional elements in it along with adaptive steps like daily meetings, sprint planning, sprint backlog creation, retrospectives etc. The question is with hybrid project, can I use the experience hours that I already used for PMP experience, again for PMI-ACP experience? Please advise.

Thanks

Aditya

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login