fbpx

Reply: CSM - Claim PDU's for PMP & PMI-ACP Simultaneously?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CSM - Claim PDU's for PMP & PMI-ACP Simultaneously?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14719

RAzmat

Thank you for answering my question Cornelius, it was very helpful
5 years 8 months ago #14687

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello,

My understanding of your situation is as follows:
- PMP: Passed. You need to earn PDUs.
- PMI-ACP: Studying and you need to earn 21 Contact Hours
- CSM: Once you passed the PMI-ACP you will take a CSM prep course.

Here is how this will play out for you if you select The Agile PrepCast for your PMI-ACP Exam Prep:
- The Agile PrepCast provides 37 Contact Hours you need in order to qualify for the PMI-ACP Exam (it's actually more than you need)
- The 37 hours from The Agile PrepCast ALSO qualify as PDUs for your PMP exam. (35 Technical PDUs, 2 Leadership PDUs and 0 Strategic and Business PDUs)
- Now you can take and pass your PMI-ACP Exam
- Once you pass your PMI-ACP exam then you can take the CSM training course. The PDUs you earn in this course will qualify for BOTH your PMP and PMI-ACP. Usually a CSM course is a 2-day course, so you will most likely receive 16 PDUs.

Please note that you must earn Technical PDUs, Leadership PDUs and Strategic and Business PDUs for both the PMP and PMI-ACP. I cannot say how the CSM course will translate into these three categories.

But in general: If you have multiple certifications, then each course you take can be applied to multiple certifications. It all depends on the type of course and type of training hours you get. You'll have to review each course ahead of time and see how the training maps to the talent triangle in order to know how many will be applied where.
5 years 8 months ago #14652

RAzmat

Hi All
Recently passed the PMP and looking to do the ACP exam next followed by the CSM. I was wondering if I am able to claim PDUs for ACP & the PMP simultaneously with this course? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login