fbpx

Reply: Mock Exam Question on Stories

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Mock Exam Question on Stories

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15303

Anonymous

's Avatar

Gerallt,
Alistair makes a great point in his initial reply that I whole-heartedly agree with - the idea of flipping the question in order to rule out possible incorrect answers. Using this technique, which I also used on my PMP efforts, changes the question into a positive inquiry, "Which statements do apply to stories?" Looking at the answers again in light of this inversion technique makes the in/correct answers much more visible. Stories are A, C & D ... but not B (according to the PMI-ACP blue sky / green sky perspective). When in doubt go with the, "What would PMI do?" just like on the PMP exam and you should be fine.

All the best,

Patrick
5 years 9 months ago #14375

Alistair Duguid

No, not exactly. There is overlap between the concepts for sure, and how they are used, as both stories and requirements drive development activities in projects. But most sources are clear that stories are not "requirements" in the traditional sense of the word.

Another clue though is the fact that the other three answers are clearly true. So B stands out as likely not to be true.
6 years 1 month ago #13393

Gerallt Owen

Got this mock exam question from The Learning Tree and I don't see how the answer is correct.

Which statement does not apply to stories?

A. Stories are succinct references to users' needs that are typically written on cards
B. Stories are requirements
C. Stories are a promise of a conversation
D. Stories need to be prioritized and size-estimated

The answer sheet states that it is B, but aren't stories requirements?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login