fbpx

Reply: Questions about PMI-ACP and Agile Prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions about PMI-ACP and Agile Prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12830

Maricel Cuevas

Hello Steven,

Here are our answers to your questions:

1) When completing the Agile Precast 21 contact hours provided by certificate to meet requirements for the PMI-ACP application, can these hours also be counted as PMP PDUs?
- Yes, The Agile PrepCast will actually give you 37 PDUs for your re-certification for your PMP status every 3 years. It can satisfy both your PMI-ACP Exam application requirement and if you are already a PMP, your re-certification requirement every 3 years.

2) Upon purchase of the Agile Precast Elite, is there a time limit that course materials must be completed? How many months of access do I have to the course materials?
- You can download the lessons so you can access anytime anywhere without getting online. Requesting for a re-download though is limited, until the time PMI makes a major update to the ACP Exam which will happen more likely in 1.5 years.

3) By purchasing the Agile Precast Elite package, how many months would I have access to the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator? Will the Exam Simulator only activate once I have passed the Prepcast 21 contact hours with certificate? I may not take the exam until near October/November 2018.
- The PM Simulator has 90 days access. The 90 days count starts on the day you take your first quiz or exam. So as long as you have not taken any exam or quiz, you still have full 90 days access.
6 years 2 months ago #12800

Steven McClaugherty

Removing the clutter to get these questions directly answered:

1) When completing the Agile Precast 21 contact hours provided by certificate to meet requirements for the PMI-ACP application, can these hours also be counted as PMP PDUs?
2) Upon purchase of the Agile Precast Elite, is there a time limit that course materials must be completed? How many months of access do I have to the course materials?
3) By purchasing the Agile Precast Elite package, how many months would I have access to the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator? Will the Exam Simulator only activate once I have passed the Prepcast 21 contact hours with certificate? I may not take the exam until near October/November 2018.

============================================================================
Good Day Cornelius and Team,

Since passing the PMP Exam back in Feb 2017 and settling into a new job opportunity in the latter part of 2017, I am now beginning to have heavy considerations toward a PMI-ACP certification. Since joining my new organization, I have seen an increased push to move away from Waterfall and into Agile. With the initial beginnings of to take hold, I thought the timing for 2018 could be a good one.

When studying for the PMP Exam, I didn't become aware of PrepCast series until I was through much of my already purchased studying materials, but I did get much use of the Exam simulator that was very key to my passing of the PMP exam. I had said that if I had to do it over, or if I were to consider another certification, such as the PMI-ACP, I would hands down get something like the Prepcast (in this case Agile Prepcast).

With that being said, I have a few questions about the PMI-ACP and Agile Prepcast.

PMI-ACP: I have been trying to find some industry information regarding this certification and it's value on the market. Would someone be able to share your experience on how employers view this certification and does it hold its weight against the more recognized PMP? Is there any insight as to whether the PMI-ACP certification is going to grow in greater demand in the next 5 years as qualification requirement for Project Managers?

Agile Precast Questions:
1) My consideration is to purchase the complete Agile Prepcast Elite package. For the 21 contact hours provided with certificate, in order to meet educational requirements for the PMI-ACP application, would I be able to count the same 21 hours against my PMP PDUs for 2018?

2) By having time on my side as opposed unlike last year, the pressure for certifications are not there, and I can develop a roadmap with a little bit of buffer, while fitting other education in for my professional development that I am doing. If I go ahead with purchasing the Agile Prepcast Elite this weekend, is there a time limit in which I must be through the course materials? How long would I have access to the Agile Prepcast materials?

3) In a related question, once I purchase the Agile Prepcast Elite package, how long would I have access to the PMI-ACP Exam simulator? Does the PMI-ACP Exam Simulator activate only once you have passed the 21 contact hours with certificate? It may not be until near November 2018 that I would take the exam.

Thank you,
Steven

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login