fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMI-ACP today. My process and observations on the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMI-ACP today. My process and observations on the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 10 months ago #10755

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Carmine Buda,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Seems like it's been a while since you passed and nobody responded to your post promptly. Sorry about that. But as they say, better late than never.

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you to prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 10 months ago #10750

Marta Zalewska

First of all, Congrats! B)
This is exactly the plan I put together for myself and now implementing :silly:
I already watched PrepCast (very well structured, easy to go through and understand the content).
Now, I'm reading Mike Griffith's Prep book, and will read the Scrum Guide.
Then, I will use the exam simulator (btw, I used PMP simulator and it helped me tremendously to pass my PMP® exam which I did on 22 May ;) .
Keep your fingers crossed!
6 years 11 months ago #10457

Carmine Buda

Hello All,

Below is my study process and observations:

1) Aside from watching the Agile Prepcast, there is little need for several reference books as mentioned on the PMI website to prepare for the ACP exam. I used Mike Griffith's PMI ACP Exam Prep study guide (2nd edition) and the Scrum Guide. That's it. Mike's book is great and has excellent tips as to what to expect on the exam. Read the study guide twice and take all of the sample questions at the end of each chapter (about 140 questions total)

2) Use the exam simulator offered by the Project Management Prepcast. I subscribed for a few months of access and I found that the simulator questions were on either on par and usually more difficult than the questions that I encountered on the real PMI-ACP exam. If you are averaging around 70% on the simulator, you will likely pass the real exam.

3) The questions were mostly focused on Scrum, Kanban, and a little bit of XP and Lean. I had no questions on DSDM or any other frameworks on my in my exam.

Best of luck to all who are preparing for the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login