fbpx

Reply: Does sub-project manager role qualify for PMP-ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Does sub-project manager role qualify for PMP-ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 2 months ago #9575

Cornelius Fichtner

Gaurav,

The short answer is: Yes it does.

The long answer is that PMI-ACP stands for "PMI Agile Certified PRACTITIONER" and not PMI Agile Certified PROJECT MANAGER". This is why the experience that you need is specifically defined as "working on project teams". You don't need to be a PM. My recommendation:

1.) Look at the PMI-ACP Handbook www.agileprepcast.com/handbook -- page 6 specifically details the experience you need.

2.) Look at the PMI-ACP Exam Outline www.agileprepcast.com/content and read the various tasks in the 7 domains. This is the type of work/experience that an Agile practitioner needs in order to pass this exam.
7 years 2 months ago #9570

Gaurav Khandre

's Avatar

I`m an sub project manager that means I overlook what a project manager would exactly do for a sub-system of a project.
We follow agile principles and I find the PMI-ACP certification suitable for my profile. What would I like to know from experts is whether such an sub-project manager role qulaifies for PMI-ACP certification. Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login