fbpx

Reply: Overlap between the PDU Podcast and Agile Prepcast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Overlap between the PDU Podcast and Agile Prepcast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 8 months ago #4412

Cornelius Fichtner

Steve,

Not to worry! We have taken this into consideration.

(1) Kanban is the only exact duplication (We are using the exact same videos). But the other Agile content differs in breadth and depth. By this I mean that you will find some overlap in the content between the two courses - for example Scrum and User Stories. But we look at them in much more detail on The Agile PrepCast.

(2) We have taken any possible "duplicate content" into consideration and have "reduced" the PDU value of The Agile PrepCast because of that. The total playing time for The Agile PrepCast 41 hours and 45 minutes, but we only grant 37 PDUs exactly because of this. We are trying to proactively defuse any issues.

Finally, there is also the fact that PMI does not explicitly state that all your training has to be "new" content. So it is OK to take a refresher course on a topic and still receive the full PDU count. This means that even if you learned about Scrum/User Stories from The PDU Podcast and then took The Agile PrepCast where this content is repeated from other angles you can claim the full PDU count. Or would you not submit your PDUs if you went to a PMI dinner meeting tonight and the topic was about Agile User Stories? But even with all of this in mind, we decided to defuse the argument and simply give 37 instead of 42 PDUs.
9 years 8 months ago #4411

Steve Denney

's Avatar

I have purchased the PDU Podcast (a couple years ago) and the Agile Prepcast (a few months ago). I noticed that the Kanban material appears to be in both products. My questions are:
1) What is all the content that overlap between the two products?
2) How does this overlap affect how I am to report PDU hours when updating my PDUs for the PMI. I assume I should not count the Agile Prepcast as the full 37 hours if I have already claimed hours for exact content from the PDU Podcast. Please provide guidance on how I should proceed. Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login