fbpx

Reply: Work in Process vs. Work in Progress and WIP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Work in Process vs. Work in Progress and WIP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 weeks ago #4072

Tarek Al-Fahham

Yes, I watched those lessons, and I got the feeling that I should be able to differentiate between such terms for the exam. Somehow after few days, I feel like I cannot tell the difference.

Tarek
10 years 3 weeks ago #4071

Cornelius Fichtner

Tarek,

First of all allow me to direct you to the "Topic Index" of The Agile PrepCast. You will find that in the back of your Student workbook. And here you see that WIP is discussed in two of our lessons: L02.05.3, L12.00. So my first recommendation is for you to watch those. (L12 has a good definition toward the end).

As far as "progress" and "process" goes, my current understanding is that they are used synonymously - at least for the exam. Some folks even call it "work in play". So if you understand the concept you should be good to go.
10 years 3 weeks ago #4070

Tarek Al-Fahham

During my study, I come across the terms "Work In Progress" and "Work in Process" which are pretty close to each other, and they seem to refer to certain distinct interpretations. Also, I keep on getting confused about the short form WIP as what it refers to exactly.

For the purpose of passing the exam, appreciate if can tell me how to differentiate between such terms and explain the related context.

Tarek

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login