fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP exam with Above Target in all 7 domains in first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP exam with Above Target in all 7 domains in first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28783

Billy MacDonald

Hi Khaled
I used the Head first acp book and I thought it was great, most people use Mike’s book and report it’s great too.
It’s hard to say whether you personally need it but I wanted to make sure I passed first time and book made the difference for me.
2 years 3 months ago #28782

Billy MacDonald

Great work Michael.
2 years 3 months ago #28779

Khaled Sultani

Hi Michael,
How critical was the Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP Exam prep book? I have my exam quickly approaching and have been mainly relying on the Prepcast + Exam simulators.
Wondering if I should buy the book and give it an in depth review. Thanks.
2 years 3 months ago #28777

Elizabeth Harrin

Well done, Michael! Thanks for coming back and sharing your feedback. Being able to eliminate choices makes it easier to find the right answer, I agree - even if you don't really know what the question is asking about. It's the basic principles that help see you through.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for your recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 3 months ago #28774

Michael Partica

I used the The Agile PrepCast (Premium) and the PMI-ACP Exam Simulators. I started by watching all the videos and I took notes - and I listened to them again, sometimes while doing housework sometimes. They were entertaining and educational. I also used Mike Griffiths PMI-ACP Exam prep book. I read it thru 3 times and also took notes. I did three of the prepcast simulation exams and I scored between 81.7% to 84.2%. They took me around 2-2 1/2 hours each.

The exam took me the full 3 hours. I did the online version from home around 7:30 pm. This was after a long day of work and I found some questions difficult to understand. Perhaps I was too tired. I often used process of elimination. When you know the concepts, it works pretty well even if you can not understand what they are asking in the question. As an example, if choice A is "Drive the screw in with your hammer" and Choice B is "Drive the nail in with your screwdriver", it doesn't really matter what the question is, you can eliminate these two options.

Thank you Prepcast!

Hope this helps. I wish everyone the best of luck.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login