fbpx

Reply: Agile Prepcast NPV Calculation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Agile Prepcast NPV Calculation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 8 months ago #27768

Elizabeth Harrin

Ah, that makes more sense!
2 years 8 months ago #27747

Tashé

's Avatar

Thank you so much for your help. I’ve received a response from PM Help Desk. Problem solved:

“This is a known errata that we included in the Errata Sheet. Please see Row 18 of the sheet - MO9:

Here is the link to The Agile PrepCast - Errata Sheet - Google Sheets
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17OZC7cZk...pQE8Ucg8oHNC-zzYCJJg

The Agile PrepCast - Errata Sheet is part of the appendix. It is located after the module lessons in the LMS. “

The equation should read as exponents $7000/(1.05^5)
2 years 8 months ago #27746

Elizabeth Harrin

Sorry, I can't do it either! Neither of my answers = 5485. Perhaps someone else will come along and give us the secret to working it out.
2 years 8 months ago #27724

Tashe Chin-Fatt

Help - in the Agile Prepcast L009.00.1 at 13:20 there is a calculation for NPV. The formula example shown on the screen is “$7000/1.05*5=5485” but the narration says “take 7000 and multiply by 1.05 times 5” which seems to contradict what is shown on the screen. When I enter either one on calculator I am unable to arrive at $5485. Please can you help me understand what the correct formula and calculation should be?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login