fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP This Morning (All AT) - Impressions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP This Morning (All AT) - Impressions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 9 months ago #27566

Stan Po - Admin

Thierry,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 9 months ago #27559

Thierry Braham

I took the PMI-ACP exam this morning and pass with all Above Targets. I wanted to share some impressions, but first a little preamble. I passed the PMI-PMP exam about three years ago using a different simulator. In that time, I have been tutoring people on passing the exam and have used many of the simulators extensively, including PMPrepCast. This year the exam changed and I have pared my recommendations to basically PMPrepCast (and anything else you insist on ;). At the same time, I decided to go for my PMI-ACP since the PMP included so much Agile anyway. I signed up for Agile PrepCast and the Simulator. I watched all of the videos, but skipped over some of the deep dives on all of the methodologies (I focused mostly on SCRUM, XP, KANBAN and just made sure I understood the concepts of the rest). After the PrepCast, I started on the simulator questions. Although I had never taken the PMI-ACP exam before, I felt that the exam questions were perfectly suited for preparing me for the exam. I did all of the questions and used the ones I missed, as well as the metrics, to direct me on the ones to focus on. After that, I was pretty confident in knowing everything (though still nervous).

Here are my impressions of the exam:
1) I took the PMP exam when it was Prometric. Assuming the software between PMP and ACP should be similar, I think the Prometric software was better. I could not strikeout or highlight stuff, which I could do on the PMP exam. I think I have been told several times, you CAN do this on the current PMP exam, but that was not in evidence here.
2) This facility were not as good as the one I took the PMP in, but this was more than adequate. The person checking us in was very nice and thorough. The check-in was way more security focused than before (without accounting for the COVID changes).
3) I thought the exam was ludicrously easy. In fact, at several points, I wondered if I was getting them wrong because I was missing something.
4) As I instruct people on the PMP exam, I went through the exam relatively quickly the first time through. I answered the things I knew and just moved on. For the ones I was less than 75% sure of (about 30), I marked them for review. I completed my first pass in about 1 hour 45 minutes. I then spent the next 20 minutes going through the ones I was not sure of. For the vast majority, unless I had a good reason to change it, I left it with my gut feeling. There were about 5-7 that I changed, because upon reexamination I understood the question better or I could better identify the answer.

In closing, I felt that EVERY penny I spent on the course and especially the simulator was money well spent. I will continue to recommend people for the PMP and of course now the ACP aspects. (Parenthetically, I have had about 50 people take the exam after working with me and 47 have passed; most of those people used this simulator).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login