fbpx

Reply: CAPM and ACP?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM and ACP?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26517

Markus Kopko

Hello Colette,

maybe I did miss something, but your question sounds for me like, if you would asking if it might be possible to for the ACP Exam right after
passing the CAPM Exam without any further learning.
The answer here would be clearly "no", right?
If you are working in an agile environment and if you do fulfill the ACP application requirements like stated by Elizabeth already, then it might be a good and logical next step for you, thriving for the ACP Credentials.
But be aware that the ACP Exam is much more difficult and complex than the CAPM Exam (not as much as the PMP Exam, but almost ...).
Just to make that point very clear.
Sorry, if I got you wrong.

regards,

Markus
3 years 1 month ago #26485

Elizabeth Harrin

If you meet the eligibility requirements for the PMI-ACP, you can take the test.
The criteria from the PMI website are:

Secondary degree
21 contact hours of training in agile practices
12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
3 years 1 month ago #26462

Colette Johnson

Can I take the PMI-ACP test with at CAPM Certification? I just took, AND PASSED, the CAPM. I'd like to move forward to take the ACP, but not sure if I will be able to take the ACP.

This may belong in the CAPM forum. I didn't know where to post.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login