fbpx

Reply: Framework or Method?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Framework or Method?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24317

Anonymous

's Avatar

Many thanks!
3 years 4 months ago #24313

Mohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACP

I don't honestly see a discrepancy in here. Method or framework can both be interchangeably used in Agile. As long as DSDM is not defined as a tool, they all lead the same intended meaning.
Back to your question, out of the four choices, TDD is the only tool.
3 years 4 months ago #24279

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Mohammad.
Thank you very much for your answer!
My doubt was whether DSDM has to be defined as method (per question) or framework (per lesson).
What is your view on this?
Thanks!
3 years 5 months ago #24119

Mohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACP

Hi there,

It can be possible that some Agile terms or artificats are overalapping in their wide scope of meaning. However, given these choices , one can tell that FDD(feature driven development) and ASD (adaptive software development) are more concerned about the bigger picture of agile methodology. FDD is centered around the features and value of the product, that dictates the way you take to achieve product increment. Similarly, ASD is a wide process model that uses a broad scale of phases ( feasibility study, adaptive panning, design and implementation) which enable the project to adapt to changing requirements.

Unlikely, TDD (test driven development) has a specific purpose. As its name suggests, the test definition drives the coding, In which you start with writing the test before writing the code to account for failures ahead. So it is rather a technique or a tool with limited defined scope that you can use under any other agile methodology.

I hope this answer offered some clarification ! all the best in your study
3 years 5 months ago #24116

DSDM Definition and Practices

's Avatar

Hello all!
In Lessons L02.03.1 and 6 Cornelius explains how DSDM is an Agile Project Framework that can be used
together with Agile Methods such as Scrum.
Then I received the Agile Prepcast Question of the day (Question #10), which said:

FDD/TDD - Which of the following is an Agile Modeling Tool that can be used in conjunction
with different Agile methods?
A ) DSDM
B ) FDD
C ) ASD
D ) TDD

Correct Answer is D. Ok, DSDM is not a Tool, this is clear.
But the reasoning is the following:

"DSDM, FDD and ASD are all Agile development methods. TDD is an Agile Modeling tool that can be used in conjunction with other Agile methods"

Can you please support here? Framework or Method?

Thank you very much Cornelius and AgilePrepCast for your great support!
Ad maiora

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login