fbpx

Reply: Passed PMI-ACP!! First attempt. Thank you PrepCast. My preparation strategy

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMI-ACP!! First attempt. Thank you PrepCast. My preparation strategy

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23427

Steve

's Avatar

Did you notice any of the whizlabs test questions were similar to the PrepCast Simulator?
3 years 6 months ago #23392

Billy MacDonald

Congrats Shubham! You were prepared. Well done :) :
3 years 6 months ago #23371

Shubham Goel

I passed the PMI ACP exam last weekend with 6 sections Above Target and one section at Target. Very happy about it!

A big thank you to precast for their incredible quality of 4 simulator tests.

I took the exam at home and didn't face absolutely any issues. It was a very smooth process. The invigilator contacted me via chat only before the exam started and that was the only interaction. Although, I was quite careful about keeping my workstation clean, not looking here and there, and not talking to myself loudly (based on suggestions on other at-home experience posts).

Preparation Strategy:
Duration: 3 months.

Material:
Used Udemy's course to earn my 21 PDUs.
Mike Griffin's book is too good.
Edwards's ACP blog is also very useful.
PrepCast's 4 simulator tests. (The best material)
Whizlab Tests
1 full-length test from Head First Agile book

Practice Questions:
Most of the practice questions available for free out on the internet aren't of great quality so still helpful in brushing up the ACP concepts. I referred to the free links given on Edward's ACP post. Most of the exam questions are scenario-based so the most useful material for me was PrepCast's 4 simulator tests. They are the absolute best.
My scores in PrepCast exams:
Test 1: 76%
Test 2: 81%
Test 3: 73%
Test 4: 75%

Practiced and analyzed each and every question after giving a test and bringing myself to an Agile Mindset. Do not give tests one after another immediately. After a test, analyze each question and then try another test

A few other Agile Mindset tips:
1. Agile team members (development team) NEVER adds/modifies an item in the backlog. It's only and only the PO's responsibility. So in a given situation, it's best that the team or scrum master discusses with PO and let him make a decision.
2. Check out the core values and principals of Scrum, XP, and Kanban.
3. While attempting questions, it's important to eliminate options. Look out for strong words such as "Only", "Always", "must", "control", "completely eliminate risks". Generally, such options are wrong.
4. I didn't get any calculation or formula-based questions.
5. Team/PO should demo both completed and WIP stories in sprint review meeting.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login