fbpx

Reply: Claim PDUs for new cycle

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Claim PDUs for new cycle

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21053

Kalp

's Avatar

Thank you both for your responses. Well noted.
Also, I did some research and found various advanced courses/webinars related to PMP which rewards PDUs. Will proceed with those instead of redoing the PMP exam prep. Thanks for the valuable input.
3 years 10 months ago #21028

Cornelius Fichtner

Yes, I agree with Harry on this. In the end, it is only PMI who can decide if this is valid for you or not.

However... allow me to ask you this: You are already PMP certified, so why would you want to take another PMP exam prep class in order to earn PDUs? There are so many other advanced topics in project management out there from which you can earn your PDUs. Would you not rather learn something new than do a very similar course?
3 years 10 months ago #21016

Harry Elston

Kalp,

None of us here on the Forum can speak for PMI and your questions should ultimately be answered by them. That being said, if the information has alignment with the PMI Talent Triangle AND meets the other published criteria for PDUs there is no reason why it should not count towards professional development.

Harry
3 years 10 months ago #21015

Kalp

's Avatar

Hello, I need to renew my PDUs for my second cycle. I have already done the following course online during my last cycle in 2018 and earned PDUs already: PMP Exam Prep Seminar - PMBPOK Guide 6.
For this cycle I'm planning to take the following online course, which is slightly similar to the one above but with few additional information. Also this is from a different provider : PMP: The Complete PMP Course & Practice Exam PMI PMBOK 6 '20
Is this alright? can I claim PDUs for the (almost) same course but from different providers?
Thank you in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login