fbpx

Reply: Can the "optional" "advanced" lessons in the PMPrepcast count as PDUs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can the "optional" "advanced" lessons in the PMPrepcast count as PDUs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19500

Cornelius Fichtner

You are welcome.

One more thing: The PM Podcast is available both as a free and premium version. Since you've just passed that means you need 60 PDUs in 3 years from now. So your best approach is this:
- subscribe to the FREE podcast on your phone using a free podcast app
- listen to all free episodes that we publish going forward
- claim PDUs for each episode after you heard them
- about 1 year before you are due to renew you can see how many more PDUs you need and can adjust your plan accordingly.

Right now it is most important to REGULARLY earn your PDUs. The PDU type is less important until you get about 2/3 done.
4 years 2 months ago #19499

Kurtis Virkaitis

's Avatar

Thank you Cornelius!
4 years 2 months ago #19498

Cornelius Fichtner

Kurtis,

First of all... congrats on passing your exam.

Officially, the answer is no. But -- of course -- I cannot stop you from watching them, adding up the time and then manually entering and claiming PDUs for your first renewal.

However... may I recommend The PM Podcast instead? I have published over 400 interviews over there that count for PDUs. You can find the PDU info at www.project-management-podcast.com/pdu . The PM Podcast will be MUCH more interesting and educational now that you are PMP certified. So instead of staying put on a PMP exam prep course, take a step forward and earn your PDUs with the podcast.
4 years 2 months ago #19497

Kurtis Virkaitis

I just passed the PMP exam after using the PM Prepcast on line training. I have to admit, I wanted to get it over with so I skipped the 20, 30, and 40 series classes to focus on the simulated exams. Now that I'm certified can I view and count these modules as PDUs? i.e. lesson 30.01 - Business Acumen, or 20.01 Agile Project Management Overview. There looks like about 25 hours of advanced but optional content there.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login