fbpx

Reply: 35 PDUs for taking PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 35 PDUs for taking PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18100

Cornelius Fichtner

Aswani,

Please review Module 90 "The Final Exam" of The PM PrepCast in the LMS. www.project-management-prepcast.com/8-th...task=show_lpath&id=1
4 years 7 months ago #18099

Aswani Krishnakumar

Hi,

I have completed the course. Where can I access the link to take the final exam and collect the 35 PDUs for registering for PMP?

Thanks!
Aswani
4 years 9 months ago #17845

Cornelius Fichtner

As we write in our product description:

"Two weeks after your purchase you'll be eligible to take The PM PrepCast Final Exam. Once you answer at least 17 of 25 exam-style questions correctly you'll receive a personalized certificate for 35 contact hours with your name and the date you passed."

So there is no "tracking" of course completion. It's simply "2 weeks after purchase".

Furthermore, there is no time limit for you to take our Final Exam. You can take it after 2 weeks, 2 months or even wait for a year. Also, you can take the final exam as often as you need until you pass, but it’s really not that difficult. (Over 80% of students pass it on their first go). Once you have passed it you cannot take it again.
4 years 9 months ago #17844

Aswani Krishnakumar

Thank you for the details. How is the completion of course tracked and where can I take the final exam?
4 years 9 months ago #17840

Cornelius Fichtner

Aswani,

PMI uses the following two terms:
- Contact Hours: You need 35 contact hours of formal project management training to apply for the PMP exam. This is before the exam.
- PDUs: You need 60 PDUs to renew your certification. This is after the exam.

Therefore, since you are still studying for your exam, you need 35 Contact Hours. And yes, the 35 Contact Hours from The PM PrepCast cover this requirement. We are a PMI registered education provider and The PM PrepCast has been used by over 50,000 students to prepare for their exam. PMI has never rejected our certificate for 35 contact hours. As we say in the PrepCast product description:

"You receive a Certificate for 35 Contact Hours. After completing the course material, you’re eligible to take our Final Exam. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll receive a Certificate that satisfies the PMI requirement for 35 Contact Hours of formal project management education. But more than that, you are now also a better project manager."
4 years 9 months ago #17833

Joveen Chacko

yes thats what my understanding is too.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login