fbpx

TOPIC: PDU for PMP renewal

PDU for PMP renewal 4 years 11 months ago #17198

• Meena Balaji
  • Meena Balaji's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
All

I have 60 hours of PDU to earn for my next year PMP renewal. Meanwhile I am approved to appear for PMI ACP exam. Now bear in mind this means I had already met required 21 hours of agile training. While I am trying to buy prepcast from Agileprepcast to prepare for the exam, my question is really around that 60 hrs... Can I add in my earned 21 hrs from training at work towards that 60 PDUs & remaining 39 hrs would be earned when preparing for PMI ACP exam. Is this doable?
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

PDU for PMP renewal 4 years 11 months ago #17199

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hello Meena,

Based on how you have described your situation: Yes. I think so.

But please keep in mind that you must earn a minimum of 8 PDUs in technical PM, 8 in Leadership and 8 in strategic and business management. The Agile PrepCast will give you a total of 40.5 PDUs and they are divided as follows: 32.5 technical, 6 leadership, and 3 strategic.

This means that if the 21 PDUs that you already earned include 2 PDUs in leadership, and 5 in strategic then you are good to go. If not, then you will have to earn these specific PDUs separately.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login