fbpx

Reply: The PM PrepCast Basic (For PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition) for PMI-SP renewal

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : The PM PrepCast Basic (For PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition) for PMI-SP renewal

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15926

Mirza Muhammad Ahmed Baig

Thanks for the response Cornelius. You are correct. I claimed 25.5 PDU for the PMI-SP renewal and claimed the rest from work experience and giving back category. I hope this post helps other PMI-SP holders for their process.
5 years 3 months ago #15923

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Mirza,

My apologies for the late response. I was in Europe for a family emergency.

The short answer is that The PM PrepCast basic is primarily a PMP exam prep course, that can also be used by PMPs to earn 60 PDUs for their renewal. The PrepCast is not specifically targeted at holders of the PMI-SP certificate. And since it doesn't cover all the PDUs needed for PMI-SP renewal we do not specifically promote and market it to the PMI-SP community.

When we add a new course to the PMI online directory we are required to calculate the exact number of PDUs that we provide for each of the certifications. You can see the calculations for all the certificates by following this link here: ccrs.pmi.org/search/course/381379 -- The upshot of this calculation is that even though the course qualifies for 60 PDUs for PMP renewal, we can only offer 25.5 PDUs for PMI-SP. This is because the course only covers that many hours that are 'relevant to project scheduling' as PMI requires.

As Joe has already indicated, the fastest way for you to earn an additional 4.5 PDUs is by simply listening to 4.5 more hours of The Free PM Podcast. My recommendation would be that you input your earned PDUs online with PMI and then check how many technical, leadership and strategy PDUs you need. Then simply pick a few of the free podcast interviews that relate to these topics to cover what you need.

So what you see
5 years 3 months ago #15918

Joe Pang

Hi Mirza,

Sorry I don't have a PMI-SP designation so I can only partially answer your question.

The 35-contact hours specified applies to the PMP application requirement.

I think if you already have the SP certificate and purchase the Prepcast, you will be able to earn 25.5 PDUs . As per This Link

As for the remaining 4.5 hours PDU, I think you may be able to gain them through some of the free podcasts (Other mods: Please correct me if I'm wrong). This Link

I will move your thread to the PDU forum, hopefully the mods there will be able to help you out, cheers!
5 years 3 months ago #15917

Can any of the moderators please answer me?
5 years 3 months ago #15858

I'd purchased The PM PrepCast Basic (For PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition) to collect the required 30 PDUs for the renewal of PMI-SP. The email I received after purchasing the course said that I'll get 35 contact hours. However on the PMI directory shows that I can only claim 25.5 PDUs for this course. Can the moderators please clarify?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login