fbpx

Reply: PDU exam prep cast

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDU exam prep cast

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15877

Mirza Muhammad Ahmed Baig

I'd purchased The PM PrepCast Basic (For PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition) to collect the required 30 PDUs for the renewal of PMI-SP. The email I received after purchasing the course said that I'll get 35 contact hours. However on the PMI directory shows that I can only claim 25.5 PDUs for this course. Can the moderators please clarify?
5 years 4 months ago #15616

Cornelius Fichtner

Basically, one hour of reading = one PDU. However, there are a lot more factors to consider. For example, reading the PMBOK Guide qualifies as earning 'technical' PDUs, but you also need leadership PDUs, as well as strategic & business PDUs.

I, therefore, recommend that you read the CCRS Handbook where PMI describes all the rules to consider: www.project-management-prepcast.com/ccrshb

Additionally I recommend that you watch this video here where I discuss how to earn PDUs: www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pdu/pmis-pdu-secrets
5 years 4 months ago #15614

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello,
Thank you for your replay.
I would like to know how how to estimate PDUs quantity. I’m going through PMBOK currently and when I’m finished I have to claim PDUs. How many of them can I claim ?
Thank you
5 years 4 months ago #15604

Joe Pang

My bad Cornelius, I totally forgot about the re-certification part.
5 years 4 months ago #15603

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Max,

Actually, in this particular case, Joe is not correct. If you use The PM PrepCast in order to earn 60 PDUs for your PMP exam recertification (three years after you passed your exam) then you DO have to take and pass The Final Exam. Here is how this works:

We are a PMI Registered Education Provider, and in particular, we are a "distance learning provider". If you take any of our courses we are required to administer what PMI calls an "assessment" to ensure that you have achieved the learning goals of the course. For The PM PrepCast, we call this assessment "The Final Exam". This is a 25-question exam (relatively easy if you pay attention during the course) and you have to pass this exam in order to receive your certificate. Once you have the certificate you can use it in ONE of two ways:

- Option 1: If you are studying for your PMP exam, then the certificate qualifies for 35 Contact Hours so that you can take the exam
- Option 2: If you have already passed your exam, then the certificate qualifies for 60 PDUs so that you can renew your PMP certification

Please let me know if that explains it?
5 years 4 months ago #15598

Joe Pang

Hi Max,

There is no more exams required after you attain your PMP designation. I think the exam you are referring to is the one Prepcast subscribers have to take in order to qualify for the 35-contact hour certificate (used for PMP exam application).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login