fbpx

Reply: PMP Certification in Suspended status

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Certification in Suspended status

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15224

Patrick Hickey

Ajit, I used the podcast episodes that earned PDUs for renewing my PMP as well. Make sure you use the spreadsheets Cornelius has for properly classifying each session & keep notes on interesting items from the sessions in the event PMI audits your recert submission.

Cornelius has pages for the episode list, PDU credit classification taxonomy, and what you need to include on your PDU submissions to PMI.

You have 365 days where your PMP is still recoverable, but don't delay in getting the PDUs as you are technically already in your next 3 yr reporting period. And I don't know about you, but I would prefer not having to experience the PMP exam a 2nd time. One and done is good enough for me, and as long as PMI allows me to recert my PMP I shall (even if it gets suspended and reactivated like a Phoenix rising from the ashes). Highest & Best,
Patrick (PMP, CSM, ITIL ... and one day soon ACP)
5 years 7 months ago #14906

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Ajit,

Sorry to hear that you missed your deadline to earn the 60 PDUs for your recertification. We can definitely help you. Here are my answers and suggestions:

1. Yes. "The PM PrepCast Basic (For PDUs)" ( www.project-management-prepcast.com/pdus/earn-prepcast-pdus ) will indeed provide all 60 PDUs you need for your recertification. It not only provides the 60 PDUs you need, but also covers the 8/8/8 minimum PDUs that are required to cover the PMI Talent Triangle areas.

2. Yes. It is a PMI requirement that any "distance learning course" (basically any online course) must have what they call an 'end-of-course assessment' before you receive your certificate for PDUs. We call this our Final Exam and 95% of our students pass this exam on their first try. The exam is administered on our website and I am 95% certain that you will also pass it on your first attempt... ;) You may retake the exam as many times as you need to pass. But it's seriously not that hard.

3. Important: Please note that you CANNOT take The Final Exam immediately. We have implemented a 14-day Study Period during which the exam is not available to you. During this time you must study all the lessons / 60 hours of the course. Exactly 14 days after your purchase (to the millisecond) you can then take the exam and receive your certificate.

May I also suggest that once you have your PMP status reinstated, that you visit The Project Management Podcast and subscribe to the free version using a free Podcast app on your phone? In this way you can listen to the free podcasts over the coming 3 years and then you will not forget to earn your PDUs going forward.
5 years 7 months ago #14902

Ajit

's Avatar

Hi,
I attended your PrepCast course in 2011/12 to get PMP Certification, but now it's in expired state since Jan 2018.
Currently my PMP certification is in suspended state and I need to earn 60 PDU points to maintain my certification.
Please suggest on course I need to take to earn these PDU points.
I am checking on your website - let me know if "The Project Management PrepCast Basic (For PDUs)" will help get my PMP certification back by getting all 60 PDUs even if my certification is in suspended status.
Another question regarding "The Project Management PrepCast Basic (For PDUs)", it seems I need to appear in some final exam after watching all the lessons. Is this exam conducted by PMI or your your PrepCast portal? Also how many chances are allowed to clear this exam for claiming 60 PDUs?
Your response will help proceed on the course.
Thanks
Ajit Kumar

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login