fbpx

Reply: Earning PDUs of my PMP certificate renewal

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Earning PDUs of my PMP certificate renewal

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14334

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Kyaw,

As always when it comes to earning PDUs, allow me to recommend that you always consult the official CCR Handbook at www.pm-prepcast.com/ccrhandbook . Now on to your questions:

PMI allows you to complete the renewal process as soon as you have reached 60 PDUs. They write "You can complete the renewal process at any point in your cycle after the PDU requirements have been met by submitting payment.". This, however, does not change the start and end date of your cycle. Your first three-year renewal cycle starts on the day you pass your exam. And the following cycles all start after every three years. Nothing changes this three-year "rhythm". So you can go ahead and earn/report 5 more PDUs and then complete the cycle. Now you can wait with earning any new PDUs until after 02 February 2020.

Also remember that if you decide to earn PDUs before the new cycle starts, that you can only 'roll over' a maximum of 20 PDUs to your new cycle. And you can only roll them over if they are earned in the final 12 months of your cycle. So if you complete your renewal cycle in the next few weeks, then you should wait with earning new PDUs until Feb 2019. Now you can start earning PDUs for your next cycle. Just don't earn more than 20 PDUs before 02 Feb 2020 because anything over the maximum "roll over" number will be lost.
5 years 9 months ago #14333

Kyaw Wanna

Dear Cornelius,

I would like to ask a question for earning PDUs for next 3 years cycle of my PMP certificate.
I earned my PMP certificate at "03 February 2017" and renewal date is "02 February 2020".

Actually, I already applied 55 PDUs and still 606 days left to renewal date.
If I renewing early, please let me know is it start counting the next 3 years cycle from my renewal date or not.

For example,
If I renew from 15 June 2018, next 3 years cycle will be:

"from 15 June 2018 to 14 June 2021"
or "from 03 February 2020 (end of current cycle) to 02 February 2023"

I would very much appreciate of you may suggest on this.

Best Regards,
Kyaw

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login