fbpx

Reply: How do I report PDUS for podcasts

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How do I report PDUS for podcasts

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14763

Cornelius Fichtner

Leo,

Please visit this link where I explain it in detail: www.project-management-podcast.com/index.php/pdu#claim

There's a video and just below that we explain everything. (And yes... it is correct that the podcast is NOT listed in the CCRS. That is expected behavior and not a problem in the least. There are tens of thousands of qualifying training courses / podcasts that are not in the CCRS and are still OK to submit).
5 years 7 months ago #14762

Leo

's Avatar

I listened to PM-Podcast Episode 400: Mindfulness for Project Managers. I cannot find the podcast listing in the CCRS PDU reporting input page.
5 years 9 months ago #14493

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Chaitra,

The short answer:

You do NOT have to track anything. Two weeks after your have purchased The PM PrepCast you are eligible to take The Final Exam (Module 90). Once you pass this exam you will receive a certificate for Contact Hours. This certificate is all you need for your PMP application. You do NOT have to worry about the Talent Triangle either.

The long answer:

Your question is based on a very common misunderstanding: PDUs are not the same as Contact Hours. The difference is quite simple:
- You need 35 Contact Hours in order to apply for the PMP Exam
- You need 60 PDUs every 3 years in order to renew your PMP certification

Please read this article here for the details www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...ntact-hours-and-pdus

Now that you know that PDUs are only needed AFTER you pass your exam (and Contact Hours BEFORE) you can probably already see that this forum discussion does not concern you at all. In fact, none of the PDU discussions in this forum do. You do not yet have to worry about PDUs until the day that you pass your PMP exam.

So please continue your studies, then take the Final Exam, print your certificate for CONTACT HOURS and you are good to go for your application.
5 years 9 months ago #14492

Chaitra Ramamurthy

Hello Cornelius,

Even I have the same question. Let me explain it based on my scenario.

I have purchased the PM PrepCast this week and i have started to watch the videos(some by logging into LMS, some by my android podcasts).

Now the question is, to avail the required PDU's to appear for the PMP exam, do I need to keep a track of all the videos(The date I watched, the description of it, What did i learn..etc) by using the Excelsheet (Please see the attachment)
If yes, how will we know a particular topic falls under "PMI Talent Triangle skill area".

Please guide me through this as i am just starting to watch the podcasts.
Attachments:
5 years 10 months ago #14205

Cornelius Fichtner

Dennis,

I need some more context in order to answer this question: In particular which podcasts you are referring to...

So... are you (1) a customer of The PM PREPCAST or are you (2) a listener of The PM PODCAST at www.pm-podcast.com , or (3) something else?

The answer to your question depends on which of these two products / courses / podcasts you are trying to claim PDUs for.
5 years 10 months ago #14204

Dennis Jarabak

's Avatar

How do I report these podcasts, provider name etc....

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login