fbpx

TOPIC: Claiming 's

Claiming 's 5 years 10 months ago #14088

• PDU's for sharing knowledge
  • PDU's for sharing knowledge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi!
How many PDu's can I claim for sharing knowledge? I have mentored my colleagues on PM methodologies during their projects and now I am wondering how many PU's I can claim for that?
Many thanks in advance for the information

Claiming 's 5 years 10 months ago #14093

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Yes, you can earn PDUs for mentoring others. You have to consider the following two rules:

First, mentoring is part of "Giving Back to the Profession", and you can claim a maximum of 25 PDUs in this area.

Second, as with any other qualifying activity, you can claim 1 PDU for each hour that you spent mentoring others.

There is, however, one additional consideration, and that is "Documentation". If you are audited, then you need to be able to support your claim. According to the CCRS Handbook you should be able to provide "Evidence supporting your coaching or mentoring arrangement, including notes from and dates of discussions and activities."

For all the details, please review the CCRS Handbook ( www.pm-prepcast.com/ccrshb ). You can find mentoring on page 14 at the top under "Share Knowledge".
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login