fbpx

Reply: How to Earn PDU's and Where to start ?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to Earn PDU's and Where to start ?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #11777

Ambika Sud

's Avatar

Thank you Mark and Steve , I will follow up through PMI website
6 years 6 months ago #11742

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Ambika,

Perhaps the easiest place to start is with your local PMI chapter. They will usually hold weekly meetings which count as 1 PDU per hour, and will likely host quarterly training events that will count for more. Beyond that there are numerous online resources such as podcasts and videos that can help you score PDUs. You can also create original content such as a PMP study guide which will count for even more.

- Steven
6 years 8 months ago #11336

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Ambika,

A good place to start is on the PMI website, login and then go to your "dashboard". There you will find a pie chart showing your PDU progress. On the PMI website you will also find lots of webinars etc.. that you can use to earn PDUs. You can also earn PDUs by attending local chapter meetings which has the added benefit of networking. You can also earn up to 8 PDUs through the project management work you may be doing in your job. There is Cornelius' PDU Podcast as well. There are many ways to earn PDUs and the PMI website will have all of the details. The key is to start soon, make a plan and be consistent. Good luck.

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 8 months ago #11335

Ambika Sud

Hi ,

I gave my PMP certification and cleared on 29th March , 2016. Thanks to PMPrepcast Exam Simulator , Classroom Hours and PMBOK 5.
I work as a Program Manager at one of a Financial Companies in San Francisco , and tend to use some priniciples in my day to day job.

I have been thinking of starting to work towards 60 PDU's required to keep the certification. Could you please guide me :
1) I would like to write some experience Lessons Learnt and Help others through sharing my self preparation experience - Is there a way to do this and can we claim PDU's for this
2) What are some other ways to earn PDU's but also learn more

Thank you for you help !!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login