fbpx

Reply: PDU'S

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDU'S

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 10 months ago #10509

Cornelius Fichtner

Amar,

Here is an important statement from PMI

Any cycle end date before 1 December 2017 will continue to utilize the old rules for their current cycle.

You mentioned that your cycle ends in August, which means that right now you are submitting PDUs based on the OLD rules. Therefore you do NOT have to worry about Technical Project Management/Leadership/Strategy& Business Management. So please don't worry about this at all for the PDUs you are currently submitting. (Once your next cycle begins in September, then you will have worry about them. But NOT until then.)

To answer your question about books: Under the old rules, reading books falls into "Category C Self-Directed Learning". So yes... you can read books and claim PDUs for them, but you can only claim a max of 30 PDus for reading.
6 years 10 months ago #10504

Amar

's Avatar

Thank you for the reply, Mr. Fichtner...

But how about securing PDU by reading Project Management related Books. Is there a Constraint on how many PDUs we can acquire by reading. And the reading of PM books has to be under Technical Project Management/Leadership/Strategy& Business Management.

Please clarify.

Thanks
6 years 10 months ago #10503

Cornelius Fichtner

Amar,

Because your recertification cycle ends in August, this means that you are currently earning PDUs under the "old" rules. Starting September you will be required to earn them under the new rules. In essence this means for you:

- Yes. You can only claim 30 PDUs under self-directed learning category C.
- No. The 8 PDUs do not apply to you. Those are the new rules that you don't yet fall under.

As far as claiming PDUs for working as a PM goes, I have to admit that I don't remember the old rules precisely. I think it was 5 PDUs for each 12 months. So if that is correct, then you should be able to claim 15 PDUs for this.

And for your PDUs, please consider the following:

www.pm-podcast.com/pdu (Old Rule = you can claim 30 Cat C PDUs for this)
www.agileprepcast.com/pdu (Old Rule = you can claim 37 Cat A PDus for this)
6 years 10 months ago #10502

AMAR

's Avatar

Hello My PMP Colleagues,

I need some help or rather an advise.
I understand that I can only claim 30 PDUs as part of self-directed learning under category C and learning using podcast falls under this category and I can get only 8 PDUs each for Technical Project Management/Leadership/Strategy& Business Management. is this correct??

I am also currently working as PM at my current organisation since Aug 2014. How many PDU can claim for the 3 year period?
My 3 year period ends in Aug.

At this time I need another 40 PDUs.

Thanks for YOUR time and advice in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login