fbpx

Reply: Renewal of PMP certification

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Renewal of PMP certification

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 3 days ago #10131

Cornelius Fichtner

Nagaraju,

If you are recertifying before December 2017, this means that the "old PDU rules" still apply for you. So you have to submit your PDUs in the 'old' PDU Categories of A-F.

1) i Steady Project Management in the real world, i claimed in Education,read category but its rejected (Please provide documentation verifying the hours spent in this activity or the units of credit advertised) hove can i provide proof.

You said that this was "for reading" a book? That means these PDUs fall under the old Category C PDUs (Self-Directed Learning). Did you keep any notes about when you read the book? For example from when to when did you read the book? What did you learn from it? Etc.

I think your best approach here is to contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and ask them what kind of documentation you should submit for this.

2) Recently i given 2 days training to my company employees about project management, how can claim this and which category select for this please suggest.

I believe that this would fall under the 'old' PDU category D. Here is an explanation of this from one of my old articles:

Category D covers Creating New Project Management Knowledge. You can claim PDUs for such activities as authoring or co-authoring a project management textbook, a peer-reviewed or non-peer-reviewed article, or an article for PMI’s Knowledge Shelf. You can also earn PDUs by authoring an article for a relevant electronic newsletter, for an official organization, or for a professional or company blog; presenting a webinar or podcast; creating course content for a project management related course; or serving as a speaker, instructor, or moderator for a project management related course, presentation, or relevant discussion. For this category you can claim 1 PDU for each hour you take both to develop the knowledge and the time it takes to present it.

7 years 5 days ago #10115

Nagaraju

's Avatar

Hi,
I did my certification at 6th April 2014 now its in renewal time, recently i did 2 activity's how can i claim PDU and which category i select i am confused please help me.

1) i Steady Project Management in the real world, i claimed in Education,read category but its rejected (Please provide documentation verifying the hours spent in this activity or the units of credit advertised) hove can i provide proof.

2) Recently i given 2 days training to my company employees about project management, how can claim this and which category select for this please suggest.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login