fbpx

Reply: New to PMP and questions for PDU

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : New to PMP and questions for PDU

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 1 week ago #10007

Lawrence Li

Steven Mudrinich, PMP wrote: Lawrence,

In addition to the excellent podcasts that OSP International produces (PDU Podcast, PM Podcast, etc), I would recommend taking a look at what your local PMI chapter offers in terms of networking opportunities and technical PDU sessions. It can also be very valuable to read your monthly Project Management Journal articles and other resources that PMI publishes.

-Steven

Thanks Steven
7 years 1 week ago #9994

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Lawrence,

In addition to the excellent podcasts that OSP International produces (PDU Podcast, PM Podcast, etc), I would recommend taking a look at what your local PMI chapter offers in terms of networking opportunities and technical PDU sessions. It can also be very valuable to read your monthly Project Management Journal articles and other resources that PMI publishes.

-Steven
7 years 1 month ago #9751

Cornelius Fichtner

Lawrence

Here are my answers for you:

1) as Im PMI member now, I see there have many ways for getting PDU, even PMI.org have its live and recorded webminar, have there any difference for LIVE and RECORDED? Do I just claim the PDU in the same way? (will it be automatically to add my PDU if I register the live webminar? I think not?)

There is no difference between PDUs you earn on a live webinar vs a recorded webinar. 1 hour = 1 PDU. And if you are watching these webinars on PMI websites then PMI most often will automatically report the PDUs for you. You have to check on the website in question and see what they say.

2) If PMI.org have its own webminar then it means I don't need to see other PM Podcast to claim my PDU right? What's the advantage or disadvantage of these choice?

If the webinars from PMI are sufficient for you then you don't need anything else. The disadvantage is that you cannot download these and watch them offline. A podcast has the benefit that you can download & listen to it when you are out for a walk. Give it a try -- it's free at www.project-management-podcast.com/free . The disadvantage here is that you are going to have to listen to my voice... ;)

3) I see that it can calim ITIL course as PDU but I've already earned that cert, I may join courses such as SCRUM or MCSE, will they be counted to the PDU? Will they fell into the 3-triangle categories?

There is no way to answer this "globally". You have to review each course separately and determine if some or all of it matches the policies that PMI has outlined in the CCRS Handbook. As a good best practice you should first ask the organizer of the course, and if they don't know then you compare the course to the handbook which you can find at www.project-management-prepcast.com/ccrshb
7 years 1 month ago #9735

Lawrence Li

Hello Cornelius and all

I have some confusion about getting PDU

questions:
1) as Im PMI member now, I see there have many ways for getting PDU, even PMI.org have its live and recorded webminar, have there any difference for LIVE and RECORDED? Do I just claim the PDU in the same way? (will it be automatically to add my PDU if I register the live webminar? I think not?)

2) If PMI.org have its own webminar then it means I don't need to see other PM Podcast to claim my PDU right? What's the advantage or disadvantage of these choice?

3) I see that it can calim ITIL course as PDU but I've already earned that cert, I may join courses such as SCRUM or MCSE, will they be counted to the PDU? Will they fell into the 3-triangle categories?

I hope I can solve these problems before I decide how to earn PDU, thanks

Lawrence

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login