fbpx

Reply: Obtaining PDU obtained from M.Sc Program

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Obtaining PDU obtained from M.Sc Program

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16581

Tara SETLUR

's Avatar

Hello ,

I had attained 35 PDU's in Dec'17.
I do not have a record of them now. But i remember it was through the PMI Classroom session
Can you please help to see how I can retrieve that information now?

Thanks & Regards
Tara SETLUR
6 years 10 months ago #10634

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thank you Cornelius.
6 years 10 months ago #10479

Cornelius Fichtner

Jude,

1. If the course was 30 hours long, then you can claim 30 PDUs. You will have to review the course curriculum and be able to clearly determine how many of these hours were spent in each area. You cannot simply say that it was 10/10/10 without reviewing it. So you have to check how many hours were actually spent in each area.

2. Out of the 30 hours of this course you will have to determine how many hours were actually spent in Strategic and Business Management. I'm sure it's not all 30. Again, you have to determine how many hours and then claim them.

3. No need to attach anything. PMI will review your claim and if they are not satisfied, then they will ask for more information/documentation. So it's a good best practice to get everything ready in case that they ask. The best thing to have would be a course curriculum that shows how many hours were spent on each topic. That also makes it easier for you to determine the number of hours for #1 and #2 above.
6 years 10 months ago #10478

Jude Tongo

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius,
Considering the response you gave me several months ago in reporting my PDUs, I need to clarify some things;
1. From the PMI Talent Triangle; One of the modules (Engineering Projects and Risk Management) covers all three areas,Technical Project Management,Leadership and Strategic and Business Management. This particular Module duration was 30 hours. Can i then claim 30PDUs or 24 PDUs.
2. Also, another module Industrial Operations Management covered Strategic and Business Management, with course duration of 30 hours. What do i claim in this case?
3. Lastly, do i need to attach the course materials to authenticate my claims? If yes, how can this be done? I hope to get your usual fast response.

Many thanks.
7 years 4 months ago #8854

Cornelius Fichtner

Jude,

Please take a look at the CCRS Handbook where Project Management Institute (PMI)® describes everything you need to know about PDUs: www.project-management-prepcast.com/ccrshb

The course you took at the university falls under the category of "Education" (page 11) and in particular under "Courses from other third party providers" and here ar e the rules from the book:
  • 1 hour of instruction equals 1 PDU
  • When only a portion of a course relates to topics relevant to the PMI Talent Triangle® skill areas, calculate PDUs by the percentage of the overall curriculum focused on the applicable topic
  • Report each course separately. Entire degree programs will not be recognized for PDU credits, only individual courses
7 years 4 months ago #8853

Jude Tongo

's Avatar

My full name is Tongo Jude Akhagbue, and obtained my PMP in April 30th 2016. In other to enhance my professional proficiency in Project management I went ahead to complete a Master's degree program in Engineering Projects and Systems Management from the Kingston University London, in October 26th 2016.
How do I report and claim the PDUs to be earned, the course also covered a module on Engineering Projects and Risk management

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login