1. If the course was 30 hours long, then you can claim 30 PDUs. You will have to review the course curriculum and be able to clearly determine how many of these hours were spent in each area. You cannot simply say that it was 10/10/10 without reviewing it. So you have to check how many hours were actually spent in each area.
2. Out of the 30 hours of this course you will have to determine how many hours were actually spent in Strategic and Business Management. I'm sure it's not all 30. Again, you have to determine how many hours and then claim them.
3. No need to attach anything. PMI will review your claim and if they are not satisfied, then they will ask for more information/documentation. So it's a good best practice to get everything ready in case that they ask. The best thing to have would be a course curriculum that shows how many hours were spent on each topic. That also makes it easier for you to determine the number of hours for #1 and #2 above.
Considering the response you gave me several months ago in reporting my PDUs, I need to clarify some things;
1. From the PMI Talent Triangle; One of the modules (Engineering Projects and Risk Management) covers all three areas,Technical Project Management,Leadership and Strategic and Business Management. This particular Module duration was 30 hours. Can i then claim 30PDUs or 24 PDUs.
2. Also, another module Industrial Operations Management covered Strategic and Business Management, with course duration of 30 hours. What do i claim in this case?
3. Lastly, do i need to attach the course materials to authenticate my claims? If yes, how can this be done? I hope to get your usual fast response.
My full name is Tongo Jude Akhagbue, and obtained my PMP in April 30th 2016. In other to enhance my professional proficiency in Project management I went ahead to complete a Master's degree program in Engineering Projects and Systems Management from the Kingston University London, in October 26th 2016.
How do I report and claim the PDUs to be earned, the course also covered a module on Engineering Projects and Risk management